Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sourav Ganguly: 200% Fit to play both forms of Cricket

Sourav Ganguly might have walked into the sunset of his cricketing career, but the former India captain today said he is still good enough to play both forms of the game at the international level for at least a year.

Asked if he is still good enough for international cricket at 36 years of age, Ganguly replied, "Two-hundred percent." "I think I am still good enough for both forms of cricket. I played my best in my last years. If I had played, I could have easily continued for at least one or one-and-half years more. "But that's not possible now, though. One has to accept the fact that retirement was part and parcel of a sportsperson's life," Ganguly said.

"I have Indian Premier League to look forward to. But turning out in the IPL could not be compared to playing for India," he added. Ganguly was speaking at a function to release 'Dada Tantra', a book based on him and authored by sports journalist Goutam Bhattacharya.


Ref : IBNLIVE

No comments: